- The BAKED boys. You and your cookbook rock my kitchen. Bring on book #2!
- Alton Brown. Every recipe of yours is made of win.
- Martha Stewart. For a jailbird, you're ridiculously reliable.
- Julia Child. I have a feeling my affection for you will only grow over the next several years.
- My little brother Bill. I cannot thank you enough for making the most beautiful pie boxes the world has ever seen. You are a genius.
- Priestess--if we lived near each other we would be an unstoppable baking/theatre force.
- Pie Queen--why do we both work, again? Can't we just spend all of our days in the kitchen?
- Mangled Dave--You are welcome in my kitchen anytime/all the time.
- Mama Vogel--I want to be you when I grow up.
- Smitten Kitchen--I wish I'd found out about your blog sooner. I am already a devotee.
- Coconut & Lime--I wish I could write all my own recipes. That's astounding.
And what can you expect for 2010? Well, I'm going to continue learning. Including learning from professionals. mr. gave me a cooking class at Les Madeleines for Christmas. I cannot wait to see what they're offering and choose something wonderful to learn about. Everything they make is amazing. I'm also hoping to take a real cake decorating class. I can make things taste delicious, but I'm not yet as good with making things LOOK delicious. I will probably be making more cookies and small portioned desserts this year. Among other things, I'm trying to lose some weight, and eating half a pie isn't really conducive to that. So, I need to make things that I can share. Unless it's a special occasion, and then I'm pulling out the stops! I have a new cake stand and mr. bought a fancy new camera, and I'm ready to take some beautiful pictures of some beautiful baked goods!
First up: I've tried once, but it wasn't a complete success, so I'm going to try again: Salted Chocolate Toffee Cookies.