- Carrot Cake
- Devil's Food Cake with Coffee Buttercream
- Pumpkin Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Candied Hazelnuts
Other (it was the year of the whoopie pie):
Most epic failure:
Shout-outs/thanks for sharing/inspiring me:
- The BAKED boys--always and forever. Is it too much to say that my life would be empty without you?!
- All of my amazing friends who oooh and aaah over even the most minor of my baking successes. And challenge me to try things I haven't considered. Now, please come over more often and eat all of these extra baked goods.
Okay, so not as pathetic of a year as I thought it was. But still, lots to get on to in 2012. Namely:
- Bread. No, really this year. I am armed with a book I trust. I will learn.
- Figure out that Sarno's Italian Rum Cake I've been meaning to work on for YEARS. I have all the pieces (I think), I need to put them together. In time for my birthday. I'll make my own cake this year.
First up: Burnt Sugar Bundt Cake. Meant to do it before 2011 ended, but illness prevented me from even thinking about eating, let alone baking. This Sunday is the day.